Chicken Afghani is an alternate adaptation of tandoori chicken. In this formula chicken is marinated with melon seeds and cashewnut paste.
- 500 gram chicken cut into pieces
- ¼ glass cashew nuts
- 1 big onion hacked
- 1 ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 cardamoms
- 3 cloves
- 1 inch piece cinnamon
- 2 tsp red Chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
Preparation method of Chicken Afghani
- In a wok include the onions and broil the cut onions on a low fire till they are brilliant brown in color.
- Expel and make a smooth paste with little water.
- In the same oil include the cashewnuts and broil till they are brilliant brown in color.
- Expel and make a smooth paste with a slight water and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil include the cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and saute for 30 seconds.
- Include the hacked onions and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Include the ginger garlic paste and broil for a moment.
- To this include the seared onion paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red Chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, black pepper powder and garam masala powder. Cook for 7-10 minutes or till the flavors are cooked and oil isolates from the blend. Make a point to include a slight water if it sticks to the bottom most of the pan.
- Include the chicken Afghani pieces and cooked till they are no more pink. This will take about an additional 10 minutes. Include a little water on the off chance that it adheres to the base of the dish.
- Include the cashewnut paste alongside ½ cup water and blend well.
- Give it a chance to reach boiling point.
- Stew and cook secured till the chicken Afghani pieces are cooked through.
- Cook till the gravy achieves your craved consistency. The gravy ought not to be too thick or excessively runny.
- Enjoy the hot Chicken Afghani with your family.
Please follow and like us: