These rice-based crepes make a fantastic alternative for omelets. Eat one with a knife and fork, or wrap it in a drenched rice paper wrapper and eat it, like a crazy. Present with Vietnamese Dipping Sauce. These hot and crispy rice pancakes filled crepes are known as banh xeo in Vietnam.
- ½ bowl rice, drench 8 hours or overnight
- ½ cup dried beans, drench 8 hours or overnight
- ¼ cup light coconut milk
- 1 Tbs. thinly cut green onion
- ¼ tsp. ground turmeric
- 8 tsp. vegetable oil
- Paneer cut into 16 slender cuts
- 2 cups bean grows
- 2 cup blended fresh basil, mint, and coriander or spring onions for embellishment
Preparation Method of Crispy Rice Pancakes
- Rinse and deplete drenched rice, and mix in blender with 1 cup water until smooth. Put the rice in large bowl, and put aside.
- Rinse and deplete beans, and mix in blender with 1/2 cup water until no lumps remain.
- Blend bean blend into rice blend alongside coconut milk, green onion, and turmeric. Heat one tsp. oil in medium-high warmth
- Include 2 cuts paneer, and panfry 30 seconds. Ladle in simply enough batter to cover Ingredient fried in high heat, swirling dish to coat base.
- Lessen warmth to medium-low, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until the bottom is crunchy.
- Scatter 1/4 glass bean sprouts more than one side of pancake; fold other side over to shape half-moon. Cook pancake 1 to 2 minutes more for every side.
- Rehash with remaining components until you have 8 pancakes. Trim with crisp herbs or spring onion.
- Enjoy the crispy rice pancakes with your family.