Healthy rice dish made by fenugreek leaves and flavored with couple of spices elements.
Methi rice is one of our family most loving rice dish Recipe. Healthy rice dish made by fenugreek leaves and flavored with couple of spices elements. I make Methi rice for my family twice in a week.
- Cooked Rice – 3 cups of water
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon stick – ½ inch piece
- Green cardamom – 2
- Ginger paste – ½ teaspoon
- Garlic paste – ½ teaspoon
- Green chilies – 2, slashed finely
- Onion – ½ cup, cleaved
- Tomato – ½ cup, cleaved
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – according to taste
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek leaves (Methi leaves) – 3 cups, washed and slashed
- Get healthy Methi rice
Preparation method of Methi Rice
- Heat the oil in a pan on low heat. Once hot include cumin seeds. Give them to sizzle.
- After that include entire spices elements (bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom). Give it to cook for around 30 seconds and you will get pleasant fragrance from it.
- Then include ginger glue, garlic paste and slashed green chilies. Give them to cook for 30-40 seconds.
- At that point include cleaved onions. Blend it.
- Give onion to cook till it gets light brown.
- After that include cleaved tomatoes, salt and spices powders (cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder).
- Blend it well and let it cook for 2-3 minutes or till tomatoes get soft, not diminish.
- At that point include cleaved methi leaves and blend it well. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Include cooked rice.
- Blend it tenderly so rice grains don’t break. Give the rice to get warmed through.
- Serve hot my favorite Methi rice.