Ragda pattice is well-known breakfast dish in Marathi food.
Ragda pattice is well-known breakfast dish in Marathi food. Potato cutlets are bettered with ragda (dried peas) and decorated with tamarind chutney, finely small pieces of onion, coriander leaves and sev.
- 6 large size potatoes boiled, peeled and squashed
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp mango powder
- 1/2 cups finely cleaved coriander
- 2 onions finely slashed
- Salt according to taste
- 1 jar of chickpeas generally mashed
- 6 cloves
- 3 pods cardamom
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 cup Tamarind Chutney
- 1 cup Mint-coriander Chutney
- Coriander slashed fine to decorate
- Chaat masala to decorate
- Vegetable cooking oil to shallow sear
Preparation method of Ragda pattice
- Mix the crushed potatoes, red chilli, coriander, cumin and mango powders, hacked coriander, 1 chopped onion and salt to taste.
- Make into a smooth gravy. Structure into equivalent estimated patties.
- Heat oil on a frying pan and shallow broil these patties till fresh and golden. Channel on paper towels.
- Include 1 cup of water to the crushed chickpeas. Include the cloves cardamom.
- Peppercorns and salt according to taste.
- Heat at the point of boiling, mixing regularly. Turn off the stove. Evacuate the entire flavors and discard.
- To serve Ragda pattice put 2 hot patties in a bowl and spoon some chickpea blend over them.
- Include the Tamarind and Mint-coriander Chutneys as per taste.
- Sprinkle sliced onion and coriander to decorate. Sprinkle the chaat masala over the entire dish.