Rawa Upma is a famous breakfast dish in India. It is nutritious, wonderful and simple to make at home by blending and cooking roasted rawa and sauteed vegetables in water.
Rawa Upma is a famous breakfast dish in India. It is nutritious, wonderful and simple to make at home by blending and cooking roasted rawa and sauteed vegetables in water. The ghee and deliberately adjusted flavors make it essentially overpowering. Follow the simple step this straightforward south Indian breakfast recipe and find how truly simple Rawa Upma is to make at home.
- 2 cups of rawa or semolina
- 1 glass of cubed and cooked mixed vegetables (carrots, green peas, cauliflower) (in equal ratio)
- 1 standard size onion
- 2 green chilies (according to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of cut curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely cut
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon dhuli urad dal
- 2 tablespoon of oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 7-8 roasted cashews
Preparation Method of Rawa Upma
- Cook Rawa (cream of wheat) in a non-stick pot till golden brown. Keep it independently.
- Put the sufficient oil and include mustard seeds and dark Gram Dal or Dhuli Urad.
- When it starts flapping, put cut onions, green chilies, curry leaves and finely cut ginger.
- When onion turns brown include the baked Rawa and sauté nicely. Add salt and cooked vegetable and sauté well.
- Then in an average flame include about 4 glasses of luke warm water and blend well.
- To avoid bulges keep on thrilling till the Upma.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
- If preferred include cooked cashews before serving.
- Enjoy the Rawa Upma with your family.