Shahi Gatte ki sabji is well known traditional recipe of Rajasthan, made using besan dumpling cooked in spicy curd sauce. Here we are with shai rendition of gatta curry known as Gatte Ki sabji in which gatte are loaded with mawa and dry fruits cooked in rich mawa sauce.
- 200 gms Besan
- 1 tsp Dhaniya powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 250 gms Curd
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 squeeze Haldi
Preparation Method Shahi Gatte
- Blend besan while including 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp Chilli powder, 1/2 tsp. dhaniya powder and ghee.
- Make stiff dough. Make 5-6 thin and long pieces of the dough.
- Keep these strips in boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Cut these gattas into little pieces.
- Strain the curd through a strainer. Include 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp Chilli powder, 1/2 tsp. dhaniya powder and haldi to the curd.
- Blend well. Include the gatta pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Put the tadka of jeera and include the curd blend.
- Cook it for 5-7 minutes while mixing constantly till it reaches boiling point.
- Stew the fire and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Simmer the fire and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off the gas.
- At last put the tadka of Chilli powder.
- Serve shahi gatte curry with missi roti or tandoori roti.