Zafrani Pulao is one of the Awadhi Cuisine. The lavishness of Awadhi food lies in the assortment of cooking as well as in the ingredients used like mutton, paneer, and rich flavors including cardamom and saffron.
- Basmati Rice – 2 cup
- Saffron – 1 tsp.
- Nuts (Cashews, Almonds, Pistachios, Walnuts and so on.) – 1 cup
- Dried Fruits (Black Raisins, Golden Raisins, cranberries, papaya, pineapple and so on.) – 1 cup
- fresh natural fruits (Grapes, Apple, Pomegranate) – 1 glass
- Entire Garam Masala – (1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 cardamom, 3 cloves)
- Dark Cumin – 1/2 tsp.
- fried Onions – 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
- Coriander – handful
- Mint – handful
- Sugar – 1 tbsp.
- Coriander-Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp.
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Ghee – 1 tbsp.
Preparation Method of Zafrani Pulao
- Wash and absorb the water of rice for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut the onion length-wise and fried it. Then soak the saffron strands in the milk.
- Heat oil in a Frying pan and splutter the cumin seeds and entire garam masala.
- Include the nuts and dried fruits and saute for a moment on low fire to prevent them from getting blazed.
- Include the ginger garlic paste, coriander-cumin powder and sugar.
- Include the above blend to the rice along with required water, fried onions, half of the saffron-milk blend and finely slashed coriander and mint leaves.
- Let it cook until the rice is done. At this stage include the remaining saffron-milk blend on top of the Zafrani Pulao.
- Add the fruits and blend gently with a fork without breaking the rice.
- Add few drops of ghee on top Zafrani Pulao.
- Garnish with extra nuts, organic products, coriander and saffron strands.
- Enjoy the Zafrani Pulao with your family.
Please follow and like us: